November 15, 2006

SHE WANTS TO GET BACK IN MY LIFE AGAIN !!

A sneaky bitch she was, I never wanted to see her again. Life was such a happy song before she arrived once more. Stealthily she appeared on my doorstep, Her arrival camouflaged by silence. I had a premonition she was coming; my silver spoon falling off. Suddenly, water spilled for no reason.. and the headaches?? I was in denial. I thought she was an illusion and tried closing my door. But she just kept on knocking, what a bitch.

Then everything began to fall. Slow days and more bad headaches. Friends leaving. Loved ones fighting. work never seemed to be right. All i could do was stare, sleep and sigh, everything's falling I thought. I fumbled on what to do. I could never ask her to leave. i could see that smirk on her face. She seemed to enjoy my predicament. She even asked for half my bed. Half my bed! To be a part of my life. How could i sleep after what she'd done to me before? It was almost eternity, until I realized She was here to stay, for as long as I wouldn't accept.

Then we started talking. Her visits more frequent. I'd been wasting time on so many earthly things she grieved. She is the enigma of what i forgot to do in the past and her aura, a strong reminder of what I was before. "You can always enjoy what you have today, but remember what you were yesterday and what you want for yourself tomorrow". "Because if you fail, I will surely knock again in your doorstep and occupy even the whole of your bed!!"

I shivered.

She is the warning- a recurring, distasteful stench that reminded me of the foolishness I've preoccupied myself with now. I let her have her way, I could sleep on my couch I know, I did that before. I called my friends talked to them about my visitor and said sorry If i was a total asshole. All this I did waiting for that bitch to go.

Well, now I don't care. Donn't matter to me if she's there or not. I do my stuff, just like before. And she went away, unnoticed just like that. The bitch. I wasn't able to get her name.

Most people around call her"BOREDOM". Maybe it was an appropriate name after all..

9 comments:

Parul said...

Good One!

KD13 said...

:|

KD13 said...

Don' know why but I find this post damn disturbing. Guess boredom is something that really scares me.

:(

Parul said...

a very nice post...but "bitch is too strond a word Glenn, no?

Parul said...

oops...i dint remember i had commented here before too...

what hav u done with ur comment deletion option?!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe someone should introduce you to HOBBY. I heard she is interesting and engaging. I am sure with her around you will never think of BOREDOM again.

glenn said...

ella : Just really very bored! LOL! Suddenly theres nothing else in life, just'work'.

parul: Yes Ma ! ;)
Its ok to keep commenting. Im bored too.

Karen: really??

m_i : Look who's back!! ..Miss hobby's been knocking along too. just a little lazy!

Tania Fernandes said...

Brilliant Glen! Yours is the only blog I can keep reading!

glenn said...

tania : thanks !! nice to see you stop by.