July 31, 2006

Do you ever remember your school Principal…????

First off.. Im back.. I’ve just been very busy with work and home which haven’t spared me the time to post anything. Anyway we were talking school principal..

I just happened to remember my bouts of detention and suspension as a school kid. I’ve studied in a Boys School back in Goa and we had this extremely strict Principal who’d scare every kid in the school except for brave me, who just happened to be the kid with the highest suspensions in the day. These consecutive incidents are proof that for all the times I have been suspended it wasn’t entirely my fault. I always got blamed for something I didn’t do.

If you ever been in a fist fight with someone almost twice your size you’ll know what Im talking about. Im gonna call this guy “Shrimp”. despite the fact that I was comparatively tiny to get into a fist fight with anyone. I always ended up in fights with people much bigger then me.

Anyways, the first day I met Shrimp I thought he was a teacher. I wasn't watching where I was walking, just looking down at my feet when I bumped into Shrimp, I apologised, so Shrimp stared at me with glee thinking he’d found the perfect guy to bully, so I stared back with the “dare you” look hoping Id scare the bullying idea away. I then noticed that Shrimps nose was starting to run, so I gave him a tissue, and he used it then threw it at me, but I didn't catch it. All of a sudden this mean kid said "Shrimp, don't waste time with dumbass like you", he gave me the finger, and walked away. I then tried to give Shrimp the finger, but the school Principal (who Im gonna call “Dean”) saw it and said…

"Oh, so you're still upset that I suspended you last week?",

"No I'm not",

"then why did you give me the finger?",

"No I didn't",

"Are you calling me a liar?,

"No",

"Good, bring your ass down to the staff room immediately",
this scared me very much, and besides I wasnt gay, so I didn't go.

The next whole week I was home suspended. It was the only time I missed being at school. Just when I was glad to be back in school the next week I got suspended again. As usual not my fault again.

I remember walking into school that morning looking at the prettiest of all my teachers.. Miss Maryellen, I mumbled a "Morning Hun", she smiled the heart warming smile and kept on walking, so I watched her walk away, and I almost walked over “Dean”, which was not a good thing. “Dean” then yelled at me

"Why don't you watch where you're walking!",

"because I was watching where Maryellen.. err Miss Maryellen was walking",

"getting smart, huh?",

"I hope, because I have a test to pass next week",

"well guess what Glenn Antao, don't worry bout that test, because you're suspended! What do you say to that?", but I didn't know what to say.

" Im just back don’t you feel bad for putting me through this, I don't know what to say”

"try buh bye?",

so I did and spent the next whole week home again..

Enough of creepy school stuff in other interesting news theres a bird that’s built a nest on my window sill. Ive named the bird Duckie, and the 2 baby birds Rocky3 & Rocky4 cos they remind me of Stallone without his shirt. Ever seen a bird without its feathers. I got into trouble with shrimp once for calling him a skinned bird.

2 comments:

Parul said...

this is GOOD!
n take care of the birdies!

Avlin said...

u had one helluva school life!:)