August 08, 2006

SOMEONE JUST SHOOT THE GUY !!

Just caught an interview with rapper 50 Cent, as he is known to his fans (his real name is Miles Scaife-Dingethorpe). A fascinating young man, though unfortunately almost too stupid to speak. He reminded me of some of the less proficient guys. "The music business is really the business of selling music," he argued, "so I do what I do."

Music? The oaf would'nt know the difference between a crotchet, a quaver, and a bash in the chops with a bassoon. I would like to dig up Ludwig van, or one of those boys, and introduce them. "This is how we do music now, Ludo. You spent a year studying with Haydn in Vienna; this guy spent two years in jail for armed robbery and dealing crack. Not only can he not read music, he cannot read at all; indeed, he can barely even speak. And yet he thrives."

I am not talking about all rappers. There are many I admire. Ice T, for example, was at the Salzburg Conservatory under Otto von Schnitzengruber, where he studied harmony, counterpoint, choral fugues and mixing..

For more rants on 50cent by me click here

1 comment:

Parul said...

i agree!
i dun undstnd y the ass is such a rage!