August 14, 2006

Why does no one want my special sauce surprise?

I'm thinking about becoming a professional chef.

I made this meal sometime back. I called it "Everything that was in my kitchen at the time plus it could have used some mushrooms". I just threw a bunch of things that I thought would go well together in a pan and cooked it. It was good. The secret ingredient was love.

The other day I thought I would try to duplicate this recipe. Since I didn't write down any ingredients or quantities, I was going to have to wing it again. I added some mushrooms, some green peppers and a few more things that I found in my kitchen. This time around, it was more like a recipe than a bunch of ingredients thrown together. It was zingy and spicy, yet creamy and mild. I thought it finally deserved a proper name.

I decided to call it "Glenn's creamy special sauce chicken pasta surprise". I brought it in my lunch today and told the guys about it. I offered them some. Everyone agreed that no one is going to want to eat a meal with the words "Glenn's", "Creamy" and "Special Sauce" in the title. Infact, it was also agreed that "gastrointestinal Casserole" is a more appealing name. My friends are nice!

No one would eat it. They didn't even find out what the surprise was.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to eat Glenn's Creamy Special Sauce Chicken Pasta', will you invite me for Dinner?..........

glenn said...

Is that supposed to be a date ??

you're not supposed to talk to strangers, let alone inviting a stranger to dinner.

Avlin said...

hey glenn.. i just got my med insurance updated.. i cud give it a try! :)

Anonymous said...

huh....u r so bloody rite glenn, "IT IS A DATE" wanna join me?

glenn said...

@anonymous
stranger.. not talk...let alone dinner !! tsk tsk

@imm
atleast its health insurance and not life insurance !! thats sweet of you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi i am 'X' and ur 'Y' nice to know you and now v r nt strangers!!

R u Scared?????????

Anonymous said...

ella is he a baby?

glenn said...

@ ella
gee, thanks to imm & you!! i've got 2 people willing to try my cullinary delights.

@ anonymous
duh!! you still dont get it do you!! and what kinda name is 'X'