September 12, 2006

ARIEL

"Hello" I mumbled, barely awake.

"Hey !!" It was a girl's voice.

"Yes?" I replied, checking my watch for the time. God, it’s 3:00 am!

"Are you ready?" she whispered

"No," I whispered back, a little confused about what I was supposed to be ready for. "Who is this?"

"Ariel. Are you still asleep?”

"girl, it's three in the morning. Do I know you?"

“Who is this?” she shot back.

“Glenn!!”

“Glenn???? Hi.. I'm so sorry. I think I got the wrong number."

A little irritated, I nonetheless managed to fall asleep again as soon as I put the phone down. The next morning, I vaguely remembered the phone-call, but wondered if I had been dreaming. I checked my pda and there had indeed been a call at three in the morning. I thought about it. Even in my sleep, the voice had sounded nice.

That night, I felt the need to play a prank. So I set the alarm for three the next morning, and went to sleep. At three, I woke up and dialed the number that my phone had dutifully recorded in the call log.

A sleepy voice picked up the phone. “Yes?” she said.

"Ariel?" I tried not to laugh.

"Yes?" She sounded sleepier than I must have been the previous night.

"You ready?"

"Ready for what?" She seemed to be crawling her way to consciousness.

“Who is this ?” she mumbled. “Glenn”

"sweet revenge” I whispered back.

"My dad was supposed to be flying back in from Canada last night, My cousin was supposed to accompany me & mom to the airport." she said. there were more apologies.

At this point I ran out of things to say, so I said sorry and hung up.
The next day, at 3:00am, she called again.

"Hello?" I had been asleep, but from the moment I opened my eyes, I knew it would be her.

"Glenn? Ariel here."

"Hi Ariel."

"what are you doing?"

"waking up" I replied.

"Well I just wanted to say Good Night." I could almost see the grin on her face.

"Good night !" I said cheerfully

Last night she called again, but at 10:00 pm

"You're early" I said.

"Yes," she replied. "I have an early day tomorrow. So I thought we could have this conversation now instead of at three."

"Smart move."

"I know. Hey, what are you doing around six tomorrow evening?" she asked me.

I knew there was another question coming up as soon as i answered this one. I just didnt wanna know what it would be so...

"I'll be collecting my kids from school. What about you?" I asked her

Im sure her heart skipped a beat. For a few seconds she didn't even breathe.

"Hello?" i said, to check if she was still on the phone.

Im surprised she could’nt tell how hard i was trying to suppress a laugh.

“Hellooooo???” there was no reply. there was a click on the other end of the phone and theres been no word from Ariel since !!



For all those who dont know, im not married and definitely dont have kids !!

6 comments:

KD13 said...

Hmmm... poor Arielle :D
She sure picked the wrong guy... LOL

glenn said...

@ Karen : Im everybody's wrong guy ;)

@ ella : LOL.. you call me chicken !!

Kshitij L said...

Call her again man, call her again! You don't want to lose this chance

Anonymous said...

try your luck may be this time u will be the rite guy. call her!

glenn said...

@ ella,
I'd love the woman of my dreams to stay in my dreams.

@ suspect, anonymous.
guys it's just a silly prank !!

Parul said...

ahem...;)