September 06, 2006

Last night Im going up to my apartment and Im waiting for the elevator to come by and theres this very cute looking girl waiting along too, fumbling through her bag for something. when suddenly she said “Hi”, so I look at her and smile.

“Is it 9:30 yet?” she asks me. I look at my watch and tell her its 5 minutes past. And she gets back to the fumbling. We both enter the elevator and thump the buttons for our respective floors. So like any normal elevator passenger I look up at the floor display LCD, the roof, the railings, trying to avoid looking at what my co-passenger's doing. When suddenly..

“ Whats your flat number? ”

I turn to look at her not sure if I heard what I heard. and she smiles at me. I just pretend to ignore the question.

Call me anything you want but that’s the weirdest line to start a conversation with a stranger. If you ever wanna break the ice don’t start with that !

“ Hellooo ”

so I look at her again.

“Are you done with dinner?” she asks

“Umm Me”

“can we go out and grab a bite to eat?” she asks.

“No! Im busy, I got a few errands to run” I tell her

She gives me a weird look !! Im thinking to myself She’s so cute, I wish it didn’t start out this way. I reach my floor and im stepping out of the elevator when she says..

“there was this cute guy with me in the lift, but he was so creepy & wierd..... !”

Taken aback I turn to look at her and shes standing there talking to someone on her freaking handsfree !!!

These hands-free cell phones are officially freaking me out. In the car it's good. on the street, in the elevator not so good !! Glad I got out of there before that conversation got any further.

4 comments:

fedes said...

a little confused. where in the world are you?

Parul said...

how do u manage to land up in such situatuions?!!
i'm convinced there's a lot of meticulous cosmic scheming n plotting involved!
LOL!

Anonymous said...

Did you attend mass in Stella Maris ever? Knew a Glenn who did..but not sure its you...?!?

glenn said...

@ anonymous:

who ? where ? when ? what Stella Maris ?? sorry i dont really know what you're talkin about !!