September 09, 2006

MY CAR

Mom called to tell me some thugs stole two parts off of my car the other day. If I was going to steal a part, I would think this would be a part way down on the list. I don't even know what they'd be called. It runs below the door from the front tire to the back tire. A runner, maybe? I don't know. They stole it from both sides. It's just a strip of whatever it is cars are made out of these days. I hope these guys don't plan on stealing my car a couple of pieces at a time. "Hmmm, that's odd. I could have sworn I had more than three tires the last time i saw it. And I'm almost positive I had doors. Yes, I definitely had doors."

2 comments:

glenn said...

ella,
I could wring the guys neck if i laid hands on him right now.

clayfuture said...

Damn man! that sucks! but what are you gonna do. This is common in the subcontinent. Hell, its becoming common here in UAE as well.

There's an incident that happened to a friend of mine. He used to live in an area where this sort of this was very common. One day he bought a brand new toyota camry. But he was always afraid that someone might try to scratch it or dent it.

It was just his luck that one day a guy he knows (just an acquaintance) came up to him and asked him, "Do you know who owns that maroon color camry, number 25412?" My friend says "Yeah, that's my car? Why're you asking?"
The guy says "Oh! I was going to steal the rims off that car, but now I won't since I know it's yours!"

Lucky him!