April 20, 2006

THE B-AD GUYS

I don’t know why im thinking about this but I just get myself catapulted into the past sometimes and im thinking about the days where I never cared about the things I did.. and they were so much fun.


Like for the entire 5 years of studying my degree in advertising, the name tags i had for myself.. given to me by friends and profs cos of whom i didnt need enemies.

“HoliDay-scholar” cos my attendance was as regular as public holidays.. and my Prof’s who’ve used me as an example of “what not to be as an ad-guy”. These people thought I was some insult to the advertising world and an embarrassment to humankind by treading the earth. I didnt flunk any paper at college but that was it.

I was always the part of the gang who composed of the "thrown-out-of-the-class” shameless “chalk throwing-backbencher" guys. My English Language teacher said she didn’t know I was her student for an entire 2 years until I sat to answer my finals.

And there was this group of guys & girls who had this dream of dying in a library. they discussed Adobe & Corel technology while we talked more about Overnights & Skating at the heilpad & Baywatch & having a wife.

The professors always smiled at the “serious about their work” people while it looked like we had just been diagnosed with some incurable disease when it came to our group of rascals.

The creepy photography dark-room was considered unsafe to be in when the batch included us. The “oh my god” girls who were always hysterical when the lights were put out.

Everyone else did all their assignments on time. while we didn’t know that we needed to submit one.

I had no sense of understanding Marathi what-so-ever. I heard my professor tell me a lot of times.. “udhya tujea aie-la, pathoun de” I had no Idea what it meant… until after many weeks of continuously telling me some thing I didn’t understand.. he broke it to me in English “coal your mudher tomaro or you weel not pass dis year” I didn’t know what was worse.. laughing at the way he spoke to me.. or telling my mom about it. 6 weeks later I ranked in the top-ten. And I am not proud of all this.I should have studied but I just dint enjoy dying in that library at all. The low marks for my illustration and drawing classes were thanks to all my friends rough comprehensive sketches which i submitted so technically those bad marks i got were not really mine.

2 comments:

T said...

TEll me... hav u hrd of Mac advertising...? hrd of them while i was in GOa...

glenn said...

Where are they based. I've heard the name before. Im not sure if i heard it in Dubai itself.