April 15, 2006

THE THINGS I HATE

Im tired of meeting deadlines
for campaigns meant for Africa. Now if your thinking.. "advertising in africa ???" As silly as it sounds.. Its much more complex then i first thought it would be . Ive decided to take my holiday finally. Although i still have the dreaded part of shopping to do which ive been putting off everytime cos i cant just shop at all.. Im just taking a few minutes off to think about all of the other things i hate as well.

First things first...

I hate deadlines!!

I hate valentines day!
I wish Valentine’s day was a Hailey’s comet that comes once in 76 years or something. Spending Valentines alone sucks. I had to be a Hallmark franchisee or St Valentine himself to love this day. Sometimes the Shiv sena guys in India can be real angels for my morale.


I hate people who think im out to make them grandfathers !!
Last evening , I had to courier some stuff . I was walking down Bur Dubai, asking for directions to the courier office . I saw this educated looking girl with someone who looked like her Dad . I went up to them and asked about the courier office . The dad made a face which could have shattered Tyson's soul with its intensity and growled 'You go away and ask someone else' . I shook my head , crooned a thank you and walked away. I don't like people who think to ask their daughter about directions to a courier office means I am interested in making him a grandfather .

I don't like 'love'!!
if it is as it seems these days. The jealousy , mistrust and possesiveness that define love today makes me wary of love in this form . The Leonardo da Caprio sponsored version of love doesn't exist for me. I may sound as young as your grandfather here , but I realise nothing is permenant . I love my dear ones , but I do not own them.Love is in finding happiness in someone's happiness.If I love you , I am to make you happy , the way you want it. Simple and uncomplicated for me.


I hate people Talking to me when im busy doing nothing !!
I don't like people butting in when I am in one of my 'Me with mind' zones. These zones happen after 2 in the night usually , things are very nocturnal with the kind of friends i have. Someone needs a place to watch a rented movie when theres nothing to do at 2 in the morn or if someone's driving in through my street and needs to smoke bangs on my door at 4 am to ask for a matchbox. I don't like that . Smoking kills slowly. Messing with my 'think think' time to smoke kills quickly.


I don't like driving without music!!
It's bad to hear all the noise on the streets .The only time I had some doubts was when I almost lost myself to a SUV as I couldn't hear its honking due to eminem shouting 'Lose yourself' in my ears . I switched to another station just in time to hear the driver yell 'Saale zindagi se nafrat hai kya ?'. now a days I switch off the music everytime I see any Sports utility vehicle.


I don't like being away from home!!
Sometimes , I just want to curl up and sleep and hope I wake up at home with Dad reading the newspaper in the dining room , mom making breakfast in the kitchen and Grandma watering the plants . Ain't all of us the same kids we were ? I don't think people grow up , they just stop being themselves and start nodding to things they don't understand .


I realise I don't like a lot of things . If I keep writing down such stuff , I will be wondering 'Do I actually want to live such a life ?' in ten minutes and gulping napthalene balls .

No comments: