April 17, 2006

BROKEN PROMISES & LOVE SONGS

The best part about living alone is... there's no one to tell you to go to bed early & theres no one to make you get up early.. and no one questions you if your home late or your beds not made. Easter being a holiday i decided i would be up late in the morning just so i could catch up with sleep, i had not slept for more then 12 hours in the last 3 days. .

This is the series of events of how whatever i plan to do .. never happens !!

At 9pm on saturday evening N calls me up saying he had to go shopping for some stuff. He asked me to accompany him . I think he asked me because I am short . It's a simple relative theory . A guy is alone . He looks ok . A guy is with a short guy . He looks tall . I refused N and told him I had to work on an assignment of top priority. He promised to pay for my pizza if I went with him . It took me seven seconds to get ready.

So we drove to Deira City Centre . Theres a nice bright bookstore with a lot of books . Middle aged women sit around on low stools and pore over books discussing ways to rekindle the fire in married lives . Little kids noisily run around book racks and their mothers threaten to burn their toys if they don't shut up . Young girls are around the fiction racks . I think most people found in a bookstore are fat . Maybe it's because they spend a lot of time sitting and reading books on weight reduction . I picked up ‘The Boy Who Fell Out of the Sky' and went to the billing counter .

The billing girl at the counter looked at the big print on my white t-shirt that read “Here I am .. what are your other two wishes” and gave me a smile. I think i spiraled her into a frenzy of wishful thinking and as I went away , she smiled at me again. I could feel it . It wasn't the 'please visit again' smile every customer gets . I wasnt gonna stay and find out what got her smiling.. Im not gonna wear that Tshirt anymore !!

We got out and went into a sports shop. N kept checking out the price tags of all the stuff there . He made a peculiar whooshing sound with his breath every time he did that . I think it translates into 'Why dont I have a rich dad who is into smuggling ?' . I did not have to buy anything . So I was pretty relaxed and tried on all the caps while he went around looking for something which had the price of a matchbox . He bought a pair of orange shorts finally . The people there don't have the right marketing guys . It is a blunder to have that dark guy at the billing counter . I felt a strange creepy chill the way he smiled at me. Its disgusting to feel like a prime target for these kinda men. I will never go to that store again. Clearly theT-shirt i had was doing me no good.

Then we went to the food court to eat something . Never trust anyone . Just do not . People promise to pay for your pizza and then just back out. And you can't do a thing because they have already bought the obscenely orange shorts and got your company while doing it . It is a hard world . And then you realise it's harder . I was not even carrying much money and had to settle for a Subway . I wanted to empty the ketchup sachet in N's nose . But a short cute guy can't just fill someone's nostrils with ketchup and not be beaten thereafter . I controlled my anger.

On our way back in the car , N's girlfriend called up . I screamed 'Don't touch me N !' followed by 'Leave me N !' in the most girly voice I could put on . He spent the rest of the call explaining to his girlfriend back in goa that there was no girl around him . You don't give me a pizza . I tear apart your love life .Fair and simple.

By the time i got back to my apartment it was way past midnight. got all my stuff in order, had a shower, and crashed on my bed.. looked at the time.. was 1am !! so much for gaining lost sleep. Just as i closed my eyes, My loving neighbour started to play her most annoying love songs. What kind of lover plays love songs at 1 in the morning. if you got a girlfriend who lives near the Abu shagara park.. do something about it please.. She went on till 3 in the morning until i couldnt bear the music anymore. i dragged myself to the hall, switched on the TV and watched ‘Firestorm’. watched madagascar & shrek 2 after that.. i love animation movies.. funny as it sounds i love cartoons as well. my knowledge about blossom, bubbles and buttercup- the powerpuff girls or johny bravo or simpsons is as good as the guys who created those cartoons. Other then that, those were the only DVD’s i had, which didnt leave me much of a choice. By the time that was done i drew my curtains and checked my watch and it was 7 in the morning. went to my room and crashed only to a wake up call from mom & dad to wish me for Easter, Im notorious for being lazy and not getting up to go to church. After a lot of emotional blackmailing i was compelled to go. dragged myself out of bed., and i thought living alone meant freedom from “Do this and Dont do that” its all the same.. parents will be parents even if they're a thousands of miles away..

12 hours after ive got out of bed.. im here waiting for the home delivery guy to get me my burger and fries. im too tired to cook and too sleepy to go out and meet with friends.. so gonna shut down and get back to finishing the chores and so to bed. hoping i wont have to hear “acha sila diya” again for a second night in a row.

No comments: