April 22, 2006

WEEKEND MELTDOWN & THE SLAP SLAP SLAP

Thursday evenings are the best.. cos its the weekend and theres nothing to do but plan for the evening and the friday ahead. Did just that. But as notorious as i always am for plans not working out.. they actually didnt. Just thought id sleep thru the evening and later decide what to do at nightfall. was also running out of time to buy my stuff cos im leaving for home on next thursday and wont have the time during the week. I have to buy a gift for my Dad & Mom & Grandma & cousins & aunts & uncles & friends as promised. I researched on the internet.A survey said that less than ten percent of shoplifters get caught .I be in the ninety percent , and everyones happy.

Just when i close my eyes.. my phone begins to ring.. its like some perfect planetary alignment or something... always exactly when my eyelids come down.. people start to call me. But this time apart from the usual “what the ***k your sleeping on a weekend for”.. there was a girls voice !!

My Dads friends daughter was in town !! She was in Dubai for a holiday with her Mom.They wanted to meet up with me. i drove down town to pick them up.. Now taking a babe out is one thing.. taking her out with her mom is another. I was as helpless as a cockroach on its back. I couldnt think of any place to go to. Lucky for me her mom’s pretty cool. She’s more into club hopping then most people my age. She’s fun to be with. We drove on to the city.. “just leave any woman at a shopping mall and she’ll make her way around with the bliss of cattle grazing” thats one thing i learnt that goes for all women.

The thing with people that have just moved in to a place with a diferent currency is.. the mathematical minds take over.. calculating the Currency conversions whenever they have to buy something.. I hate Maths. So i let them do thier calculations. Well , there are some things that remind you of some people . There was this Maths teacher who slapped me real hard in class onceI . And it wasn't a slap in the normal traditional sense . She actually rained slaps like she wanted to slap my face into pizza base or something.Left.Right.Left.Right.So whenever I think 'calculations or numbers' , I think 'Maths teacher and a packed class watching me in pity'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn...i had a hindi teacher who used to slap...OUCH...wasnt too often...thank god...i was always horrible at hindi... :(