April 12, 2006

OF SHUTTER SPEEDS & APPERTURES & PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORIES

Everyone has photographic memory, some just dont have film !! I did’nt want to risk knowing the truth about where i stood so i got myself a camera. Not one of them fancy Digital Camera’s.. just an ordinary Film SLR. I love capturing moments on film. Now that Don’t mean i belong to Paris Hilton’s Do-it-to-yourself with a little help from a friend category of film enthusiasts.

Being behind the camera has always been the best for me. . wasnt the nicest of excuses but it always worked well for not wanting to be photographed. My Moms got the meanest collection of my pictures carefully stashed away from my reach. Pictures of me as a baby in my baby bath tub or between nappy changes, where apart from being too small, I didnt really know the real truth between the occasional burst of light that quite amused me and left me blinded for a whole minute. the truth i was to find out years later !! those were my first horrors being in front of the camera.

Photography is an Art they say.. and Art in itself is an expression !! I belong to a family full of Artists.. Calligraphers, an Interior Designer, Musicians, Theatre enthusiast, Photographers, writers, dancers, not forgetting the advertising people. A whole bunch of expressions in one family. Incase you wonder where i belong in the clamour of self-expressions. I’m one of a bunch of ad-people with a sufficient amount of exposure to everything else.

although all the performing arts for me were just a hobby and sometimes a compulsion by an odd school teacher who now feature in my list of “50 people to kill before im 30”.

No comments: