June 25, 2006

A friend of mine believes in astrology more than she believes in gravity and solar system. She is educated. She can do a lot more than sign her name and write down her address and dial telephone numbers. I mean , she is educated and not the type who would go to ‘tantriks’ and make them hit her with big peacock feathers to cure fever. But she believes in astrology.

Her Boyf is a docile guy. He doesn’t oppose when she says its not a good day to be out, so the dinner at Marriott’s stands cancelled. He doesn’t oppose when she cooks food so bad that the dining table looks tastier. So he doesn’t oppose when she visits an “astrologer”.

I think this entire concept is strange. Like , some big stony planets move up there and decide what happens to someone down here ? Like , Pluto moves to the right , comes in line with Mars and she falls down the stairs ? Like , Venus and and Jupiter and Saturn form an isosceles triangle and she meets a very cute guy in the mall ? how can planets and stars and astrology tell about anyone’s future or life ?

Thankfully, I don’t believe in astrology. But still, enthusiastic friends who read some astrology book during some bus journey, girls who want a reason to hold my hand , have been occasionally looking at my hands , face , forehead and a lot of other body parts in an attempt to predict my future.

Some things have been predicted time and again. I am going to be decently rich. I am going to have a decently pretty wife. I am going to spend some decent time holidaying in the Caribbean. A lot of them tell me this. I don’t believe in astrology. But things like these make me want to believe in it .

And then there have been predictions which make me want to burn all the astrology books and push all the astrologers in a cage with a hungry Lion .

My life would end with a suicide.

One of them told me this. I asked him to recheck. He rechecked and asked me not to worry and said it would be a peaceful suicide. I asked him to recheck. He rechecked and started giving me the details , like the exact year of the suicide and the name of the six storeyed multiplex I would jump off and the brand of the pen used to write the suicide note. So I asked him to stop and not recheck. I think this guy was depressed and needed medical help and was jealous of me and should be made to kiss a pig. I hate astrology at moments like these.

But all in all , I still do not believe in astrology. I would like to know a lot of answers about my future. But I don’t think any astrologer can provide them . I mean , this entire concept is funny. Its like , mars says to uranus ,"Hey uranus , I want Glenn to end this damn post , you move to your left a little , that would get the mars - uranus alignment required to make that happen".

5 comments:

Cuckud said...

godd...u r funny dude...specially da last bit...but i personally dun believe in astrology as wel...prefer keepin faith in god...fer alwayz...so yeaa...btw how cum u never reply to ne of da comments u get....?lolz...u take care...i m out...not comments but atleast think bout replyin to questions asked to u...

glenn said...

Gee, I know i should be replying to the comments people leave. gonna do that !!

Avlin said...

this was interesting..!

Parul said...

u know what,i was told by one that i'd be in n out of one illnes or the other all my life...
The guy saw my expressions after that n consoled,"dun worry,u wont die that soon. u wont die of ur illnesses either,y it would b an accident"
that ended my beliefs in astrology b4 they had even started...!

glenn said...

Strange an astrologer should die, without one wonder in the sky.