June 01, 2006

MY FIRST DAYS WITH ALCOHOL

It all started when I was in class X. My biology teacher Mrs Roshan asked me to bring a dash of alcohol to school so that I could in-sensitize the frog I would dissect the following day.


My father’s fine collection of expensive liquor bottles was a good place to start. Without telling him I picked a designer-friendly Old Monk rum bottle that caught my eye. It would be enough to in-sensitise all the 20+ frogs for the class.

Seldom has a young lad of 14 walked into a school building with a Old Monk bottle in full display. Later in the day, the teacher would say a few drops of the highly intoxicating liquid that I was carrying would be enough for the amphibians. Needless to say, the rest was consumed by 16 of my classmates. Fourteen of those got spanked by their fathers on returning home. The other two did not reach home till it was late in the night and their parents had already filed FIRs. They also got spanked.

The next day at school was different. Everybody was aware of our escapade, and there was no escaping the naughty looks we got from even our juniors. Few days it struck us... an even better idea and we began getting water-bottles to school. What kind of X grade students get super-man stickered water bottles to school…

Well the kinds that replaced the water with beer from the bar down the road. Lucky for us.. the rest of our school life no one ever knew the reason why a few dumb-ass guys carried sling water-bottles to class.

5 comments:

Dayaan Swiftheart W said...

Old Monk Rum is more than a friend to me :).

Cheers on the interesting read.

Anonymous said...

lol...guys n their liquor...tsk tsk...also u didnt mention if u got spanked...u did drink dicha?? :)...cya

glenn said...

I was blacklisted..! No i didnt drink that day !! ;) and besides, I was just doing what my teachers asked of me.

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»