June 05, 2006

MORNING BLUES

Yesterday night was supposed to be an early one, like any other week-night. Unfortunately it turned out to be a much later one than planned. Thanks to PS2.


I had to wake up at around 5:30 am, so when my stumbling ass got to bed, I went to set my alarm. as expected I didn't recall this part of my night when i woke up. Anyway, when I woke up, I saw that my clock said 7:20. Shit! I'm late. So I get up to go to the bathroom and on my way I notice that the wall clock says 5:20. Huh?

Apparently, when I went to set my alarm, I accidentally forwarded the time ahead by two hours. Now the extra-smart ass that I try to be, instead of re-fixing the time, I simply adjusted the alarm time two hours ahead. Of course, not remembering ever doing this, I would have woken up and saw that my alarm was going off at 7:30, even though it was 5:30.

Anyway, I was wide awake a few minutes earlier then normal. much better then my wake up time yesterday when Mom called to check on my breakfast. Im just tired of my routine. Im looking for someone to live this routine for me.. here are a list of instructions to be me.

5:30 am.. Wake up. Hit snooze. Ten minutes later, wake up. Hit snooze. Ten more minutes later, wake up. Debate on whether or not there is enough time to hit one more snooze. Decide no. Wake up. Step on things. Turn on light. Grab towel. Walk to bathroom in the dark. Brush teeth. Turn on shower. Pray for hot water. Take shower. Dry off. Get dressed. Look at clock. Move quicker. One last check for everything. Walk out door. Lock door. Take the elevator down. Brace for extreme desert heat. Cross street. Walk hurriedly to parked car. Hear cars approaching. Run across the road. Get into car,Start car, get stuck in traffic. Read sticker on rear-end of the car in front for the next 90 minutes. Get out of car. Walk to work. Look at clock, with hope that arrival time is three minutes early. Say Good Morning, but skip the "ood". Go make coffee. Turn on computer and begin work day. Look busy for 8 - 9 hours. Go home, just like morning, but in reverse. Set alarm clock. Wait for it to sound so you can hit snooze.

Damn just hope I remember to re-adjust the time, or I’ll have to look stoopid jumping out of bed thinking I’m two hours late.

2 comments:

Parul said...

well written...guess u r as busy as i'm velli...(read my latest 4 dat)...
u know what, i dun mind swapping places with u!

Abigail said...

don't worry, i've done worse, like waking up frantically and having a shower and getting dressed at midnight, thinking that i'm late for a 10 a.m. class. (no, the thought of looking out the window never occured to me)