June 04, 2006

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE

Living alone does give you a lot of time to think back on the good old days, especially if you got nothing to do after a long day of work. So every evening these past few days, I’ve had fragments of my past come flashing back in bits & pieces. Like as a kid I thought myself to suffer from the obsessive compulsive disorder. When I would go to church or say my prayers, I'd always have to make sure when I blessed myself, that I closed it off. Does that make sense?

This is what I mean. Let's say I bless myself, right? Then I say my prayer... "Dear God. Bless Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa," I would say. Then I'd add in whatever was specific to that point in my life. "Please let me do well on tomorrow's spelling bee and make Russel trip over and drop in a puddle of dirty water so Desiree might just like me..." ok I just made up the Russel and Desiree part. Anyway, I'd always make sure to bless myself again, because if I didn't, I'd feel that my prayer was still open and that whatever I said or thought, God would hear. So I always made sure that I blessed myself an even number of times & closed my prayer, because the last thing I'd want, is to accidentally leave a prayer open, cos then later on in the day I'd be in the playroom reading a Cosmo trying to find a dirty article & God would say, "What a nice boy, even prays during his playtime. Let's see what he has to say. Dear Cosmo, My boyfriend insists on me giving him a bl- Oh, good God! This boy is evil!"

2 comments:

Avlin said...

just went through ur articles..
U write real well..! good work.. ! :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»