June 29, 2006

If today I don’t drink milk, I have to blame my mother. I still remember how as a five year old I would hate drinking that glass of milk before I went to bed. Now, the glass of milk has been taken over by vodka, rum & Beers (Mom, if you managed to reach my blog, be nice to me after this OK!!!).

The graduation from milk to a bottle of beer has had its share of ups and downs. As an eight year old, I gave up drinking milk. I think it was because I was told “you grow bigger and stronger if you had a glass of milk every night”. I had to find out so I gave my glass of milk to our dachshund. For two months of drinking Milk at night the dog still stayed the same size. I knew I was being conned.

When ten years old, I was introduced to Boost, Sometimes Ovaltine sometimes Bournvita would make it to our kitchen. For many days I drank milk with Boost. Until the day I had come up with a brilliant idea of making Boost / Ovaltine / Horlicks / Complan – chocolate’s.

I suggest you try making it. All you do is take a handful of Boost in your palm, drop it in a paper, fold it like a chocolate, and hide it in the cupboard for days. With time, moisture and enough humidity, loose Boost particles become a sticky-gluey mix ready to be eaten. More often than not, I would forget where I had placed the 50 gms of Boost tightly wrapped in a newspaper. But I relished the Boost-chocolate whenever I found the newspaper bundles intact.

I think the habit ended when I mistakenly kept a Boost-Chocolate in the making among my mother’s clothes. She noticed the ants among her clothes when she had 15 minutes to dress up and get to some function. She didn’t attend the function. But she did attend to me.

.. and they still don’t serve vodka in my office so I have to take those tea breaks !!

1 comment:

Cuckud said...

LMAO u suck dude...lolz...jus kiddin but den eyuhh....boost wrapped in paper fer dayss....*makes a grimpy face* laterz...