June 22, 2006

N calls me up saying he had to go shopping for some stuff. He asked me to accompany him . I think he asked me because I am short . It's a simple relative theory . A guy is alone . He looks ok . A guy is with a short guy . He looks tall . I refused N and told him I had to work on an assignment of top priority. He promised to pay for my pizza if I went with him . It took me seven seconds to get ready.

So we drove to Deira City Centre . Theres a nice bright bookstore with a lot of books . Middle aged women sit around on low stools and pore over books discussing ways to rekindle the fire in married lives . Little kids noisily run around book racks and their mothers threaten to burn their toys if they don't shut up . Young girls are around the fiction racks . I think most people found in a bookstore are fat . Maybe it's because they spend a lot of time sitting and reading books on weight reduction . I picked up ‘The Boy Who Fell Out of the Sky' and went to the billing counter .

The billing girl at the counter looked at the big print on my white t-shirt that read “Here I am .. what are your other two wishes” and gave me a smile. I think i spiraled her into a frenzy of wishful thinking and as I went away , she smiled at me again. I could feel it . It wasn't the 'please visit again' smile every customer gets . I wasnt gonna stay and find out what got her smiling.. Im not gonna wear that Tshirt anymore !!

We got out and went into a sports shop. N kept checking out the price tags of all the stuff there . He made a peculiar whooshing sound with his breath every time he did that . I think it translates into 'Why dont I have a rich dad who is into smuggling ?' . I did not have to buy anything . So I was pretty relaxed and tried on all the caps while he went around looking for something which had the price of a matchbox . He bought a pair of orange shorts finally . The people there don't have the right marketing guys . It is a blunder to have that dark guy at the billing counter . I felt a strange creepy chill the way he smiled at me. Its disgusting to feel like a prime target for these kinda men. I will never go to that store again. Clearly theT-shirt i had was doing me no good.

Then we went to the food court to eat something . Never trust anyone . Just do not . People promise to pay for your pizza and then just back out. And you can't do a thing because they have already bought the obscenely orange shorts and got your company while doing it . It is a hard world . And then you realise it's harder . I was not even carrying much money and had to settle for a Subway . I wanted to empty the ketchup sachet in N's nose . But a short cute guy can't just fill someone's nostrils with ketchup and not be beaten thereafter . I controlled my anger.

On our way back in the car , N's girlfriend called up . I screamed 'Don't touch me N !' followed by 'Leave me N !' in the most girly voice I could put on . He spent the rest of the call explaining to his girlfriend back in goa that there was no girl around him . You don't give me a pizza . I tear apart your love life .Fair and simple.

3 comments:

Parul said...

lol!!!
this is good...

Cuckud said...

lmao....poor n...it waz jus a pizza...:P

Sarah said...

Lolz..
You honestly are hilarious..
I'm feel for you, Lolz..